New York Fashion Week Fall 2016 - Prabal Gurung
Posted on March 16 2016
There is no other event on the Fashion Calendar as important as New York Fashion Week and when Prabal Gurung presents his collection on the evening of Valentine's Day. You cancel on your date and move heaven and earth to be there. Because no one does romance and beauty quite like Prabal.
The show took place at The Arc Skylight at Moynihan Station, a fabulously renovated post office in midtown Manhattan on Valentine's Day evening. The most romantic night of the year. Fans, fashionistas and celebrities braved the blustering, below freezing temperatures to view Prabal Gurung's highly anticipated collection of ethereal beauty and romance.
This season Prabal Gurung's Fall/Winter 2016 Collection, "Where Magical Realism Reigns" for New York Fashion Week was inspired from Henri Rousseau's painting "Woman Walking in an Exotic Forest" and Lord Byron's poem "She walks in Beauty" lending itself to the story of a woman walking through an enchanted forest. The muse of which can be seen throughout the collection with models in coats and dresses "split" up the thigh or across the shoulders for a more modern, sexier feel. Creating perfection from imperfection.
To perfectly complement this magical theme and perhaps the most ethereal element to the show were the disheveled, yet beautifully feminine ponytails created by Lead Hairstylist Anthony Turner and his team using John Masters Organics Volumizing Foam, Hair Sprayand Sea Mist Sea Salt Spray. "The idea is that the hair was once very perfect, but she's gotten lost in the forest and it's gotten weathered and disheveled." says Anthony Turner.
The result created an almost ghostly effect around the models' faces while the hair wisped and flowed as they walked down the runway.
get the look!
the perfectly imperfect ponytail
2. Spray hair with John Masters Organics Sea Mist Sea Salt Spray with Lavender.
3. Blow-dry on high heat while scrunching the hair in an upward motion. *Pro tip: Try not using a brush or comb. You want this to feel as natural as possible. And the messier the better.
4. Split the hair down the back then take the two sides and twist them into themselves, rolling each side tightly. Secure with bobby pins. Use a hair-tie to secure the ponytail at the nape of the neck.
5. Spray a little more Sea Mist while using your hands to pull down on the ponytail and rough up the front and sides to make the look a little more unkempt.
6. Set the look with John Masters Organics Hair Spray.